For some, transitioning from shampoo to New Wash is a breeze with no looking back. But for some, the road to optimal hair may have a few bumps, and it requires some time and patience – up to 3 weeks.
Here is how most new users find their way to hair nirvana:
- First, be sure that you are using enough New Wash to coat your hair and scalp (don’t skimp).
- Second, massage it really well into the scalp. Vigorously scrub with your fingertips to loosen sebum and soil.
- Now, work New Wash down and through the length of your hair (use more if needed). It should have a nice slip, and fingers or a comb should glide through.
- Leave it in while you cleanse the rest of your body, or shave, or…
- Last, rinse really, really (really) well. Again, use hands and fingers to massage and squeeze New Wash out; don’t rely on water alone, especially if your pressure is low.
Many people are attracted to New Wash by the idea of less frequent washing, but for now, put that goal aside and wash more frequently for a few weeks, or twice the first few times.
Many have found our Art of Washing page helpful as they transition. You can also search our reviews for customers’ stories using any keyword.
It is also helpful to take our New Wash Wizard here to see which formula is recommended for you.