New Wash is so different than shampoo on so many levels (it has no detergent, it doesn’t foam, and it feels like conditioner) that it requires a different technique as well. As long as you coat hair and scalp evenly and rinse really thoroughly, it’s easy as pie (pie is far more complicated).
- New Wash will not foam. It is thick, creamy, and similar to conditioner.
- New Wash needs to be distributed evenly and thoroughly to do its job.
- Apply New Wash generously from scalp to the ends. Make sure that it comes into contact with everything that needs cleaning.
- Use your fingers (or our shower brush) to massage the scalp extremely well; this helps New Wash get evenly distributed while helping to activate the cleansing ingredients.
- Rinse really really (really) well; Our shower brush is also super helpful here too!
- You should be able to run your fingers through wet hair without using conditioner!
- If you feel your hair needs more love, just repeat. It’s okay; you can’t overuse New Wash.